DIfferent Layout for Page Tree

louisstephens

I have been looking into this for awhile, but really have not found any module or "template" that handles this. On my test site I have about 80 pages (some nested and some as parents), which is really making the page tree a bit cluttered. I was wondering if anyone else had seen/used a template/module to make the page tree a little more "user friendly" and a bit less cluttered.

I know I could probably create a new admin layout for this, but I had no idea where to start.

This is very true. I did do a pretty good job of making it confusing.  :P  However, I guess I was wanting to make it a bit more cleaned up for other users who would be looking at it. Ill take a look into Lister and see what is involved with tweaking the css/etc in the styles.

• Like 1

Thanks BernhardB. This might be the route to take. I might try figuring out how to list each parent page with the sub pages directly under it:

For Example:

1       2        3       4         5

1-1    2-1    3-1    4-1     5-1

For Example:

1       2        3       4         5

If I understand you right that's just a multi-column version of what you see in the "Children" tab of the page editor. 

My "idea" was to Have the parent pages inline and maybe show the children below (ie dropdown) on click. I guess it really is as LostKobrakai said previously "just a multi-column version of what you see in the 'Children' tab of the page editor". 

The people that will ultimately be using the dashboard are very used to layouts like wordpress and dropdowns (very into dropdowns).