field dependency switches uninvolved CKeditor field into rtl mode

martind

hi,

we have a funny behavior with field dependencies here.

inside a table-extended field, the corresponding template has declared field dependencies on a pages field (categories) with single select radio buttons. this works as expected for all the fields with dependencies, except for one of the possible selections, this switches a completly uninvolved CKeditor field on the template into rtl-mode (cursor jumps to first position after each keypress). Any idea whats going on?

thanks,

martin

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i found a workaround for this.

the template has two fieldsets, if the page field that gets referred from the other fields with dependencies has to be exactly between the both fieldsets, then the ckeditor field works without problems and keeps in ltr mode. page-field on any other position switches the textarea to rtl.

• Like 1

seems that field dependencies have nothing to do with this problem, narrowed it down a bit, an image field and a ckeditor- textarea in regular mode letted me reproduce this in the most simple case. workaround, user ckeditor inline-mode :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Have the same Problem with some fields, too.

Have a setup with no imagefields just a pageTable on the maincontent and a aside Wysiwyg where all goes "RTL" but the CSS classes for the instace are alle there and set to "LTR"???

It is no real LTR prompt there just the cursor jumps to the first position in the texarea after every entry??

I've found that this is connected with a Inputfieldtype Fieldset (i used two fieldsets for splitting contentarea in two columns).

If the Wysiwyg is in a fieldset then the problem appears. Is the field in a other tab or not i a fieldset there is no problem with editing.

And like you wrote if i switch to inline mode it works so far....

Don't get a real solution for this strange thing.

Just update dev version from 2.6.13 to .17 and have a look if this is helping on this subject...

regards mr-fan

PW 2.6.17 - normal setup - same problem.

It seems to be a problem with fieldsets but i've to less skills to figure out what is going wrong here.

Workaround for me is using inline mode, too here...but this is not optimal since no bug is better than a workaround.

regards mr-fan

• 2 weeks later...