Next production version of PW, after 2.6.1?

Hi All,

I've finally! installed v2.6.1 on a dev site, and will be making it live on our magazine site soon, after I finish a new responsive deployment using Pocketgrid.

I've been reading the weekly newsletters with great interest. PW just keeps getting better and better!

Just wondering: Is 3.0 the next production version of PW, after 2.6.1, or will all the great new changes since then get released in an interim version, like 2.7? Any idea when that might be, etc?

I don't really want to install a development version on my live site, but the new changes since 2.6.1 look really tasty. :-)

Thanks to Ryan and All for making PW such a truly flexible and powerful programmer's CMS. It's a joy to work with.

Peter

• Like 2

I have a feeling that current additions (2.6-dev) will bump PW up to 2.7. Perhaps then Ryan will start putting most of his focus onto 3.0.

From the roadmap (which hasn't been updated recently):

Note: there may be more 2.x versions of ProcessWire before ProcessWire 3.0, but we're already planning and working on many aspects of 3.0. Here's what's coming in 3.0 so far:

• 3 weeks later...