No more create new page from page field after upgrade 2.6.13

BFD Calendar

Since upgrading from 2.6.1 dev to 2.6.13 I can't create new pages anymore from a page field.

Details Single Page or empty page, input PageAutocomplete and advanced *= and 'Allow new pages' checked.

I can type and see the list of pages appear, but when I type in a new name it just disappears when hitting return of clicking outside the field.

It worked fine before upgrading.

I have same type of page fields on other pages, they don't work either. On my 'places' page I have one for city input PageAutocomplete, one for state input PageAutocomplete and one four country input AsmSelect. Both PageAutocomplete don't add new pages while AsmSelect does.

Uhm, where do I put on console again?

You can see the console when opening the developer tools of your browser. This will tell you if there are any errors occurring from the javascript side. Also could you please do a Modules > Refresh in the backend? There where recent changes to make the autocomplete inputfield more compact for single select and it could be that you've still an outdated javascript file in the cache.

Refreshed modules several times, from different browsers. No errors in the console.

When I type or paste a new entry in the field the >> turns into a sad emoticon and then text entry disappears as soon as I click anywhere or save.

Checked in Firefox and Safari.

@BernhardB - Why would I need another module to do something which is just a basic feature of Processwire? My initial choice to use Processwire was because it's a simple easy to understand manage and use CMS. Including for people like me who aren't PHP wisecracks. As I said before, Processwire is to me a bit like an old Landrover, you can repair (almost) anything with metal wire, silicone and Rock'n'Roll tape. Just a regular lick of grease and gear oil should keep the machine spinning.

@Macrura - Thanks I'll report it there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...