FieldtypeSecureFile

Wanze

23 minutes ago, k07n said:

U need absolute/relative filepath but not url. Ex: /var/www/secure/ or c:\www\secure or something like ./../secure if U use windows local server and linux production server

Thanks for your reply, K07n! I have another question, if I may...

I simply inserted . as path, which creates a permission-restricted path in my httpdocs. However, I would like to redirect its location to the relative path: ./../secured-files-dir 

Unfortunately whenever I insert anything except . as path, I still get the same error:

ProcessWire: ProcessUser: Secure File: Path '/' does not exist or is not writeable

10 minutes ago, Testic said:

I would like to redirect its location to the relative path: ./../secured-files-dir 

So you need "secured-files-dir" directory on the same level as your site root:

-- your-site-root
-- secured-files-dir 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2016 at 8:47 AM, Wanze said:

Hi Ralf,

I would do this by passing the internal position of the file in the array, e.g.

foreach ($pdffiles as $i => $pf) {
    $content .= "<a href='{$page->url}?fid={$i}' title='{$pf->name}'>$pf->name</a>  ($pf->filesizeStr)<br />";
}

Then you can grab the file with this ID:

if ($input->get->fid) {
  $file = $page->file->eq((int) $input->get->fid);
  if ($file) {
    $file->download();
  }
}

Cheers

Hi there, 

I have been trying for days, but unfortunately without any good results.. 

Within my website users log in, and each user has personal files he/she can download. Everything works perfectly thanks to the module, however I cannot wrap my head around the following: 

- On the 'overview' page, the user can see an overview of their files after they logged in. Lets call this page 'overview.php.' 
- On the 'download' page, the module's API is called.

overview.php:

// files are placed in a repeaterfield that contains the 'securefile' and a 'title' field. 

<?php foreach ($user->fileRepeater as $id => $f): ?>

<a href="/download?id=<?= $id ?>"> Download button </a>

<?php endforeach ?>

download.php:

<?php
    secureFile = $user->fileRepeater->eq($input->get->id)->file;
    $secureFile->isDownloadable();
    $secureFile->download(); 
?>

Unfortunately, this does not work for me. The page URL does not pass the $id query parameter, it simply redirects to '/download.'

If anyone has any ideas.. I am very much open to it! 

(edit)

Solution:

Some problems have simple solutions.. download.php wasn't working due to the URL ending incorrectly.. 

As I wanted to pass as specific ID through $input->get->id, it simply didn't pass the id because the URL ended with a slash.. Solved it by going to the template in question within PW > URLs > Should page URLs end with a slash > No

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I cant seem to get downloadFilename to work with this, anybody else?

$secureFile = $pages->get((int) $input->urlSegment1)->filesSecure->eq((int) $input->urlSegment2);
$options = array( 'forceDownload' => false, 'downloadFilename' => $secureFile->basename );
if($secureFile) $secureFile->download($options);
else throw new Wire404Exception();

It just comes in as 'download'

Just as I was about to call it a night, here it is:

$secureFile = $pages->get((int) $input->urlSegment1)->filesSecure->findOne("basename=$input->urlSegment2");
$options = array( 'forceDownload' => false );
if($secureFile) $secureFile->download($options);
else throw new Wire404Exception();

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey!

What is the easiest way to use this module?
I output my file field like this:

foreach($page->myfilefield as $file)
{
echo '<a href='.$file.download().'>download file</a>';
}

This doesn't work very well ...

So what is the right way to use it?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, horst said:

if you are in PHP scope here, you cannot use the dot ($file.download()) but need to use ->  for $file->download() 

Thanks!

But it works with neither with the dot . nor with the arrow ->

$file->download()

The download of the first file start immediately ...

• 4 months later...

Hey all.

Currently getting an error message with later versions of ProcessWire, not sure when this started. When trying to edit a field:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getOptions() on null in site/modules/FieldtypeSecureFile/FieldtypeSecureFile.module:205

Guessing this crept in when the file/image fields were refactored. Uncommenting line 205 seems to work, not sure what effects it may have for now.

Not sure if you are still maintaining this @Wanze but I use it on loads of sites.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, cb2004 said:

Hey all.

Currently getting an error message with later versions of ProcessWire, not sure when this started. When trying to edit a field:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getOptions() on null in site/modules/FieldtypeSecureFile/FieldtypeSecureFile.module:205

Guessing this crept in when the file/image fields were refactored. Uncommenting line 205 seems to work, not sure what effects it may have for now.

Not sure if you are still maintaining this @Wanze but I use it on loads of sites.

+1 

its a cool module, uncommenting works for me too, but i wonder if the module is still active.