PageTable - Restrict Button/Template

Chris Falkenstein

Is it possible to hide available templates that i use in my PageTable from my clients? 

Let me explain...

I'm setting up a PageTable to allow my client to select blocks of content to build out their web pages (see attached pic). In order for me to really give them the flexibility they need I added a new template called Magic. the magic template only holds one field - it's a drop down menu that allows them to cast spells (functions) such as 'Render staff list'.  This allows the client to build pages such as... 

Header

Text

Magic - render staff list

Header

Text

I would prefer that the client did not have access to the Magic block. 

Is it possible to hide the Magic template/button from my clients? Perhaps with permissions?

I can see using the Hanna Code module as workaround, but i'm curious just the same.

Any insight would be appreciated. 

post-3015-0-54642700-1437849199_thumb.jp

Thanks for the reply.

After you suggested it I tried it. It doesn't hide the button, but it does throw a permissions error notification for the client's role when they try to add a "magic" block. So it's half of a solution.

Ultimately I'd like the "magic" add button to be hidden from the client and, although the client can see the magic block in place, they cannot remove it.