CDN for media-heavy app

Pete

Hi guys

Some folks I've known for a long time are putting together a Web comic. It's not your average though - each page will consist of detailed panels and will be around 1mb per page with dozens of pages. In the background will be accompanying atmospheric music at about 3-5mb per track - it's quite the project and the site is being built in AngularJS and there's a big focus on making sure everything is served up as quickly as possible.

It's going to get quite a lot of hits the first week, so given the media-heavy nature of it coupled with the fact that there will be global interest, can someone recommend me a good CDN that will handle a lot of traffic? Commercial is fine as they want the best for this project.

• Like 1

You probably know both already, so perhaps you're looking for less well known alternatives, but I'd still suggest looking into Amazon CloudFront and/or CloudFlare. Big players have their benefits, and these guys can definitely "handle a lot of traffic" :)

• Like 3

You probably know both already, so perhaps you're looking for less well known alternatives, but I'd still suggest looking into Amazon CloudFront and/or CloudFlare. Big players have their benefits, and these guys can definitely "handle a lot of traffic" :)

Couldn't have put it better. Azure's CDN offering has recently become a heck of a lot more reliable as well. In my opinion not quite on par with AWS in some areas, but worth comparing.