robinc

Multisite.module conflict with Processwire 2.6

I am using the Multisite.module to run several (similar/related) websites off a single PW-site and database.

Adding new sites was as simple as adding the domain to the config box, and a top level page of the same name.

However, since an upgrade of PW, I now also have to update my site/config.php file with each extra domain, i.e.

$config->httpHosts = array(
  'mydomain.com', // our primary hostname
  'related.mydomain.com', // related website  
  );

Otherwise the site will throw a 404 page not found.

Leaving a blank httpHosts will allow all hostnames, but causes a warning in the back-end

Unrecognized HTTP host:'mydomain.com' - Please update your $config->httpHosts setting in /site/config.php

Can anyone advise how best to update Multisite.module?

Thanks, that's great.

At some point I may want to make it semi-automatic (one click add sub-site), so then I will look at just hooking into this functionality.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's great.

At some point I may want to make it semi-automatic (one click add sub-site), so then I will look at just hooking into this functionality.

please let me know when you achieved that :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sébastien
      Hello everyone,
      I recently started using ProcessWire and already manage to accomplish several things on my own, but I keep asking myself a lot of questions, among which the following:
      After installing a multiple sites version (first method), everything works for now as desired, but I realize that all the files seem accessible by all the domains.
      Let's say that site1.com can access the asset files, template or other ressources of site2.com folders and vice versa by specifying only and for example:
      site1.com/path_to_a_site2_folder/one_file
      or
      site2.com/path_to_a_site1_folder/one_file
      Would you know if there is a simple way to prohibit this kind of behavior in order to clearly distinguish each site and thus ensure the confidentiality and separation of content?
      I prefer to avoid the entities to be considered as a single set by crawlers and prevent access the elements belonging to each domain from another domain.
      Thanks for your help. Sébastien.
    • By iipa
      Hi everybody!
      I have been reading about Multisite, but it kinda bugs me that every topic talks about having both admin and database same for multiple sites.
      I have a project where customer tests it by adding content to the site, while I still need to do some changes here and there in code, maybe some in database. If something crashes for a while, customer can't keep testing, which is a bit problematic.
      Is there any way that I could have two separate versions of one site ("production" and development) that share the same database, but are otherwise independent? Just the thought of having to migrate database every time I want to show client something new gives me anxiety 😁
    • By yrglx
      Situtation: website has been running for years without problems. We are implementing changes and setup a "dev" subdomain to be able to compare old and new.
      What went wrong: the hoster makes it possible to change the MySQL dbUser password. Which I accidentally did. Now the new password is not the same as the one defined in the config.php file under "$config->dbPass = ..." and the CMS cannot access the DB anymore. Nothing is working anymore!
      Assumptions: in config.php under "$config->dbPass = " the string saved is the salted hashed password, i.e. "myFreaking$difficultPassword" would be saved as f.ex. "jfeime7??6$$3!2". Is that right?
      What I need to be able to do: how can I generate that salted hashed password from the plain text password I entered on the host's webinterface for the dbUser?
      Or: do I just need to set "$config->dbPass" to the plain text password I entered on the hoster's webinterface to change de dbUser Password?
    • By sins7ven
      Hi community, I am wondering if its possible to display languages based on what host/domain has been requested.
      The use case is the following: I have one installation of PW - and within this installation I set up 5 different languages (default, english, spanish, french, dutch). Now I have 3 different domains (domainA.com, domainB.com, domainC.com) and I want to decide which languages to make available based on what domain has been navigated to. 
      For example:
      domainA.com
       - default (domainA.com)
       - english (domainA.com/en)
      domainB.com
        - default (domainB.com)
        - french (domainB.com/fr)
        - dutch (domainB.com/nl)
      domainC.com
        - default (domainC.com)
        - dutch (domainC.com/nl)
      So what I want to achieve is making only these particular languages selectable in the language switcher on the frontend. Since all pages share the same templates and overall site structure I don't see the benefits of running this installation as a multisite setup or would it be better to do so? But I assume that this would be difficult to handle since the default language might change as well. (On the french version of the page, french should be the default language and so on). Any suggestions how to accomplish that? Thanks!
    • By Peter Knight
      Hi guys
      Is it possible to have a PW site display content from another PW site?
      I've been reading about ProcessWire's Multi-site options and I don't think either is a way forward for me.
      Both PW sites are separate installs with separate databases but crucially they are on the same VPS. So I'm hoping that's a good thing.
      Basically, Site A has approx 100 reviews consisting of these fields
      Reviewer name Review Date Instead of setting up the fields onto Site B and duplicating work and creating 100 pages, I want to *somehow* get site B to use a selector to fetch the necessary content from Site A.
      In future, if I need to update the reviews, I can goto the 'source' Site A to do this.