Soma

MarkupSimpleNavigation

On 8/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, 999design said:

Update: I hadn't read the documentation properly and was able to add a custom class to pages that had the checkbox field checkbox_nav_prominent checked 🙂

function hookGetListClass(HookEvent $event){
    $child = $event->arguments('page'); // current rendered child page
    $class = $event->arguments('class'); // the class string already present
    // any check on that child to set your custom class
    if($child->checkbox_nav_prominent == 1){
        $event->return .= " is-prominent"; // add your custom class to the existing
    }
}

Glad you found it yourself. What's also possible is to just add a page-{name} or page-{id} to the item template and use them to style.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I want to add icons to the urls using Mark Up Simple Navigation.

'item_tpl' => '<a href="{url}">{title}</a>'  (can add to all links)

'item_current_tpl' => '<a href="{url}">{title}</a>', (can add to current)

How can I add icon to separate urls

Thanks

Well, is there a logic behind it? Icons per page-tree / category?

How do you plan to use icons? Inline SVGs? With :before or :after pseudo-selectors in CSS? Icon-fonts?

The easiest is to use your own classes and then style items with pseudo-selectors.

Or you could use attribute selectors: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Attribute_selectors e.g. .nav a[href^="https://mysite.tld/blog/"]:before {}

• Thanks 1

@buster808, just a heads-up that I've merged your question to the Markup Simple Navigation support thread. When you have questions regarding an existing module, you can find the module-specific support forum thread from the modules directory entry for that particular module 🙂

• Like 1

Solved (My JavaScript causing Issue)

Hi, I cant get the link for the parent of a sub menu to go to its page - the submenu works fine.

Products (Not Working)
     Products One  (Working)
     Products Two (Working)

$options = array(
    'parent_class' => 'parent',
    'current_class' => 'current',
    'has_children_class' => 'has_children',
    'levels' => true,
    'levels_prefix' => 'level-',
    'max_levels' => null,
    'firstlast' => false,
    'collapsed' => false,
    'show_root' => true,
    'selector' => '',
    'selector_field' => '',

'outer_tpl' => '<ul class="dropdown">||</ul>',
    'inner_tpl' => '<ul>||</ul>',
    'list_tpl' => '<li%s>||</li>',
    'list_field_class' => '',
    'item_tpl' => '<a href="{url}">{title}</a>',
    'item_current_tpl' => '<a href="{url}">{title}</a>',
    'xtemplates' => '',
    'xitem_tpl' => '<a href="{url}">javascript:;</a>',
    'xitem_current_tpl' => '<span>{title}</span>',
    'date_format' => 'Y/m/d',
    'code_formatting' => false,
    'debug' => false
);
echo $treeMenu->render($options, $page, $rootPage);
?>

@Soma

One of the pages at level 2 of my menu has template access restricted so it does NOT show up in lists/searches by default. The only place I DO need this page to show up is in the menu.

Here's my MarkupSimpleNavigation options:

$homepage = $pages->get("/");
    $menuItems = $homepage->children();

bd($menuItems, "Menu items");

$menuOptions = array(
        // 'outer_tpl' => '<ul class="nav nav-pills" id="mainNav">||</ul>',
        'selector' => "check_access=0",
        'inner_tpl' => '<ul class="dropdown-menu">||</ul>',
        'outer_tpl' => '||',
        'has_children_class' => 'dropdown',
        'current_class' => 'current',
        'parent_class' => 'current',
        'item_tpl' => '<a class="dropdown-item" href="{url}">{title}</a>',
        'item_current_tpl' => '<a class="dropdown-item" href="{url}">{title}</a>',
        'max_levels' => 2,
    );

I thought if I set 'selector' => "check_access=0" then the module would ignore security restrictions on any of the pages it finds for the menu. But adding this to the selector does not change anything -- the page using my secure template is still not being included in the menu (unless a user is logged in who has permissions to view that page). How can I get this page included into the menu for all users/guests?

Hi there
I would like to have a menu with dropdowns for the subpages. But sometime I have a lot of subpages I don't want to disply in the menu structure. At the moment I am hiding these pages but this is no solution because then they are also hidden from the search.

How can I choose which menu-item should show subpages and which not?
Hope you can give me a hint how to archeive this.
Best wishes
Lukas

6 hours ago, ---Lukas--- said:

But sometime I have a lot of subpages I don't want to disply in the menu structure.

You can add a new checkbox field „Show in menu“.
And then use the selector for this field 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoeck said:

You can add a new checkbox field „Show in menu“.
And then use the selector for this field 😉 

Hi Zoeck
Thanky you for your reply - great idea!
So I added a checkbox field "show_in_menu" and added the following code to my menu options. But I get an error.
How can I use this checkbox properly for the selector?

'selector_field' => 'nav_selector',
'selector' => 'show_in_menu',

2 hours ago, ---Lukas--- said:

Hi Zoeck
Thanky you for your reply - great idea!
So I added a checkbox field "show_in_menu" and added the following code to my menu options. But I get an error.
How can I use this checkbox properly for the selector?

'selector_field' => 'nav_selector',
'selector' => 'show_in_menu',

it’s a normal processwire selector:

https://processwire.com/docs/selectors/

your field name is show_in_menu, correct?

simply use:

'selector' => 'show_in_menu=1',

Posted (edited)

EDIT: I'm still curious whether this is possible, but given this template has very low usage on our site I've decided to change it to a Verified URL field instead of a Page Reference. Problem solved!

Hi,

I have a 'redirect' template which consists of basically just a Page Reference field (it was designed for our in-page 'visual' navigation and works perfectly there).

However, in our left navigation I'd also like it to point to the URL of the referenced page rather than the URL of the page that has the redirect template applied.

I tried 'xitem_tpl' => '<a href="{target_page->url}">{title}</a>', but it doesn't appear to accept the target_page->url syntax (it just points to the URL of the current page instead). Is there a way to achieve this? I'd prefer not to have to hide that template type from the left navigation if at all possible.

Thanks!

Margaret

Edited by AAD Web Team

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now