Alex

Custom Page Roles in 2.6

There is a module called Custom Page Roles Ryan made that works up to PW 2.4.

This module gives you page level permission control for view access.

Is there any reference out there for achieving the same control in 2.6? 

Alex

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hi, this is the first we are trying to make a page that has only one type of user that has access to every page. 
      The other users should only have a given access to specific pages, not to the whole template.
      My structure
      -Field -Organisation -Project -Report I want that the "measurer" role only has access to "project x" and it's children, but no view access to every project, organisation or field. I've tried to do this with https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-edit-per-user/ but it still needs a view access to the whole tree to see the "project x" page. Or is there something I haven't figured out?
      Maybe I have to make it via the API: a select field in the "organisation" template where the admins could add the users and then I use hook to update the privileges?
      Have you done something like this and how did you accomplish it?
      Any help would be appreciated.

• By Pip
      Hi everyone!
      I'm trying out the Login/Register module for my site. Noted that the module assigns the newly registered user to login-register role. 
      Once you modify the login-register role's permissions, particularly adding page-edit, the new member role will be set to guest. 
      Thing is I'd like to grant my new users the power to create their own pages. Any advice? 
      Thanks. 
    • By pwFoo
      Hi,
      I try to add page-edit-own and page-delete-own permissions, but it's strange...
      If a add the custom permissions it looks like both are children of page-edit respectively page-delete. I played with added / revoked permissions, but I can't get it work, that a user of a role just can delete own content.
      First the user can't delete any content and now the user can delete own and foreign pages 🤪
      Is there a tutorial to learn more about the PW permissions?
      Or do I have to rename the permissions to page-own-edit and page-own-delete to be independent from page-edit and page-delete?
    • By angelo, italy
      Hi guys,
      I've always used WP but I want to swtich to PW. I'm not sure ....
      I'd like to know if it's possible to create a website for an online photo contest.
      The participants of the competition could create their own account, in which they upload their photos. The photos uploaded remain visible only to themselves and the judges.
      From their account they can make the "entrance fee" payment.
      The judges of the competition can create their own account... entering they see the photos of the participants and vote photos
      At the main page I imagine the title of the competition, a button to read the regulation, and a button to register.
      The website should be in Italian and English.
      Thank you!!

• By Guy Incognito
      Hi all. We've created a private log-in area for a client on their site that is restricted on a roles basis. Is there a simple solution available to let them upload files to a file field and then choose individual users that can access individual files?
      Does that make sense?!... it's hard to search for answers to this as all results pertain to server file permissions.