Problem with Datetime Fieldtype

sekru

Hello,

i'm new to processwire and love how fast i can to big things with it! :-)

Thanks, Ryan, for everything.

I have a problem editing a Datetime field:

If a change the "Time input format" from "None" to "17:10" and click on "Save", the value changes back to "None". Even the "Date input format ist not changeable.

If i hack this field in the MySQL database directly ("fields" table, column "data"), the value changes.

I have the german language pack installed, but even in default mode there is the problem.

Is it a bug?

I want to build a list of events, which could be edited for germans ;)

Hope somebody can help me.

sekru

"Time Input Format Code" is empty.

Btw, this field is labled "Deutsch", which is the name of my language pack. (Shouldn't there be a Field "default"?)

If I chose the german language in my profile and put "H:i" in "Time Input Format Code", then I see a date and time in my Datetime field. But after saving, the time is 00:00. Maybe because of "Time input format" is "none" (and I can not change ist – that's the problem).

You probably discovered a bug or an inconsistancy. With a multilanguage set up the following two fields can each have an unique value per language:

- Date Input Format Code

- Time Input Format Code

Altough the Select boxes are not seperated per language

- Date Input Format

- Time Input Format

While it is expected that it picks the language that is active with the current user. When you are loggedin and have selected German language in your account it will get the values from the corresponding language specific fields. When the field is empty it will use the default language as fallback value.

edit: Reported it as a possible issue on github: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1268 - Have to see what Ryan has to say about it. It could be by design and have a logic explination.

• Like 1

I deleted the German language out of the backend. This solves the problem!

Now everything works as expected.

Thank you for reporting the bug und for helping, Raymond.

I wait for a fix...

• 6 years later...