2.6.1 bricked

root

Hello everybody,

I'm starting a new thread since the original (https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10260-problems-with-multiple-repeaters/) is not anwered.

The fresh 2.6.1 installation was broken after I used two repeaters with each two translated fields inside. I could not save any data anymore.

But today I get 

Error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! (line 147 of /xxx/wire/core/Pages.php) 

when I want to create a new page and

Error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! (line 117 of /xxx/wire/core/WireData.php) 

when I want to edit an existing page.

I'm wondering that nobody seems to be interested in this bug since it actually bricks the whole website.

This errors are logged in site/assets/logs/errors.txt .

Help or any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Fred

Thank you Marcus, that helped.

The other errors remain unchanged. Any suggestions?

I also posted about potential database problems because no foreign keys are used at all.

My installation is still bricked and I can't save data. The error above was due the test installation of xdebug.

Regards,

Fred

I begin to lose confidence in Processwire and it's community and I'm happy that I always work on a local copy so the original website is not affected.

Hi Fred

Just in regards to this comment above - your other thread was posted on a Friday and it's the weekend so I'm sure people will chime in during the week if they can help (the forums are almost always quieter on the weekend).

Any replies in the forums are from community members giving up their time to help - there is no guaranteed support, so please be patient if you don't receive any replies for a day or two when posting.

• Like 4

I found it:

It seems that on Ubuntu 15.04 (and maybe older versions) the newly shipped libapache2-mod-php5filter module somehow truncates the $_POST data.

I removed it and installed libapache2-mod-php5.

Now it works again.

THAT IS NOT COOL, UBUNTU!  >:D

If you have the same problem, run (as root):

apt-get remove libapache2-mod-php5filter

libapache2-mod-php5 will be installed automatically.

Thank you for your help. Processwire works perfectly and confidence is there again but not for Ubuntu .. Sorry for my angry post.

Regards,

Fred

• Like 4