Problems with rendered page - double div-Elements

FrankM

Hi,

first of all let me say Thank you for this great CMS. I tested a lot of CMS' and an finally processwire. And I'am really happy that I found it!!!

It's great to have no templates and create your completly own. I didn't use php before, but with this excellent tutorials, forum posts and some books... It works :-)

But now I've got one problem:

I created a page on a local server an everything renderd correct.

Then I installed processwire on a webserver an recreated all templates, fields and so on (it was't so much, so there were no reasons to backup the local installation).

But now - I did excactly the same like on the local installation - one div-container is rendered two times.

And now the strange: One three pages it's wrong and on the 4th page right?!?

The right one is here, with only one div-container.

<div class="blog-single-ckeditor">
  <p>content</p>
</div>

The wrong one here (exactly the same template and settings), with two div-containers:

<p>content</p>
  </div>
</div>

That's the entry in the template:

<div class="grauer-hintergrund">
    <?php echo $page->ckeditor; ?>
  </div>
  <div style="clear:both;"></div>
</div>

On the localhost, everything was fine...

So I don't know what I did wrong? Perhaps there are any Ideas. Thank you very much!!!

Edited by LostKobrakai
Added codeblocks

have you looked into the ckeditor content in one of those pages in editmode? (Sourcecode of the ckeditor field).

Could it be you have copied from your local installation and pasted into the ckeditor field of the online version? This way it would be possible that one of those divs (the inner one) was included with the copy / paste action and now lives in the field content of three pages.

Just a thought, maybe wrong.

PS: welcome to PW :)

Edited by horst

I'm sorry to have bothered you.

It was a good idea to look at the source code.
That was the mistake! I didn't noticed it while copying :-(

Now everything works fine :-)

Best regards and thank you very much - for the good thought and the really quick response.

Frank

• Like 1

You are welcome. Thats what the forum (besides others) is for: asking for help with problems you cannot solve yourself. It is not bothering. :)

So, - nice to hear it is solved now!

PS: also I only was able to think about that solution because of your well sorted and formulated question / description. At least, _you_ gave the answer by yourself. I only was able to see it, whereas you wasn't because you did not have had the distance for a clear view. :)

Edited by horst
added PS
  • Like 2