PageField custom PHP code to find selectable pages

a-ok

Hi folks,

I am using the PageField to find selectable pages and I'm using the 'custom PHP code' field to find my pages.

However, the following isn't bringing back any pages:

$pages->find('parent=/tags/' . $page->parent->name . '/');

I have tested this code on the page template, and it returns the correct pages but entering this into the custom PHP field returns an empty dropdown field.

Any thoughts?

Hi folks,

I am using the PageField to find selectable pages and I'm using the 'custom PHP code' field to find my pages.

However, the following isn't bringing back any pages:

$pages->find('parent=/tags/' . $page->parent->name . '/');

I have tested this code on the page template, and it returns the correct pages but entering this into the custom PHP field returns an empty dropdown field.

Any thoughts?

Did you try to write "return " ahead of the above command like this:

return $pages->find('parent=/tags/' . $page->parent->name . '/');

?

• Like 2

You have to use return as basically you can do more complex PHP over multiple lines using that option, so you can do a selector to get a certain bit of info to use in another selector for example and really do some interesting stuff there (sorry that might sound vague but examples are eluding me at present - I just know that's how I've used it in the past).

You could for example have an user selection, where already chosen users in other pages are excluded. But do this only if the page is the right template as otherwise it'll break the lister selection of the field. So it can get quite complex in this field.