PW Error cropped up | Class 'Page' not found

Arkster

Hello,

I created a site with ProcessWire 2.0 a long time ago (years), and very recently this error cropped up on every single page load (can't get into admin):

guest:/?/:Error:Class 'Page' not found (line 296 of /hsphere/local/home/freddysfatfender/freddysff.inconceivabledesign.com/wire/core/Pages.php)

Of course the public facing error is "Unable to complete this request due to an error"

Any idea what might be going on here? I was considering upgrading PW as a potential fix, but looks like upgrading from 2.0 isn't as simple as replacing the 'wire' directory.

I know this is for a very old version of ProcessWire...but hoping to get things running again - and not quite sure where to start.

Troubleshooting your issue is not impossible, however you should know that you first need to seriously think about making some changes to your website configuration.

The requirements for Processwire 2.0 are:

REQUIREMENTS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. A web server running Apache. 
2. PHP version 5.2.4 or greater.
3. MySQL 5.0.15 or greater.
4. Apache must have mod_rewrite enabled. 
5. Apache must support .htaccess files. 

I'm quite sure there still are individuals that can remember or still support that version.  Hopefully they will chime in to help solve your present issue.

Otherwise, There are very detailed instructions on how to upgrade Processwire (even from version 2.0) at:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire

Suggested places to start:

1. Ensure that you are running at least PHP 5.3.8 at a minimum.  Note: The latest version of PHP available to your hosting platform would be preferable.

2. Follow the detailed instructions to bring ProcessWire up-to-date.  The current official release or the previous release (2.5.x) is where you should be trying to get to.

3. If you still are having problems after upgrading, please come back here (letting us know what PHP, MySQL, and ProcessWire versions you are running) and we will be better able to assist you

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. 

The problem I'm facing with upgrading from 2.0 is that I can't access the admin area due to the error, which (as I understand it) is required to do an upgrade from 2.0 (see https://processwire.com/talk/topic/530-profile-export-module-also-upgrade-pw-20-to-21/)

So without being able to upgrade I'm a bit stuck :/

Everything has been running smoothly for several years - definitely met the server requirements. My guess (I could be wrong) is that the old version had a vulnerability that was exploited?

Is there any other way to upgrade? Another idea is to replace the 'wire' directory with a fresh copy of 2.0, in case something went wrong with the filesystem.

You should still be able to SSH or FTP to the files.

Everything has been running smoothly for several years - definitely met the server requirements. My guess (I could be wrong) is that the old version had a vulnerability that was exploited?

From what I have heard, every version of ProcessWire should be rock solid in regards to vulnerabilities.  However, we don't have a good sense of what your hosting environment consists of.

What PHP and MySQL versions are you running currently?

Got it working! I had a zipped copy of the version of PW I had installed, and replaced the wire directory with the old version. It must have been something with the file system...which is strange. I'll keep an eye on things but a little worried it'll happen again.

Thanks for jumping in and helping out cstevensjr

• Like 1