CKEditor to disallow style attributes

Lars282

I have tried adding disallowedContent: *[style]

It's not possible to filter style as an attribute in CKEditor this way. CKEditor works with this pattern: [attributes]{styles}(classes). Valid attributes are align or onclick for example, but style is handled with the second part of the pattern, in curly brackets. What you can do for example: [*]{width} will strip style="width:10px" from all elements. You can enhance this functionality with own JS functions. Read more about it in CKEditor docs

• Like 1

Maybe I just don't get it ... but following this logic, how do I strip all style attributes from all tags? Would *[*]{*} work?

Edit: seems to work - or do you see any issues with this?

The syntax allows things in ckeditor. Your example would allow all possible combinations of tags. *{} could work, because it's stating no allowed style values for each element, but because of the empty brackets it could be that it's ignored and therefore any defaults are used.

@doolak

Hello,

From

Example: Disallow tags

// Disallow <a> element. The Link button will be removed from the toolbar.
config.disallowedContent = 'a';

it seems that it's possible. Source: http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/dev_acf

Go to your specific field > Input > Custom Config Options... and try with 

config.disallowedContent = 'p';

This is for (1).

For Custom Config Options, I've just tried with

disallowedContent: p

(see Example: uiColor: #438ef0) and I don't have the error message. But for the moment I don't see any change.

(I don't know where it is/should be saved...)

I have the error message if, for example, I write

disallowedContent: 'p'

I'm going to try this(1):

If preferred, these settings can also be set in one of these files:
/site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/config.js - for all CKEditor fields
/site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/config-sidebar.js - only for this CKEditor field

I have just tried with config-sidebar.js. It doesn't seem to work either.

It must be "normal", the p tag is an essential block element for CKEditor.

We can replace it with a div element, but inside a h1 element it is not a solution.

Perhaps creating 2 text fields would be... (with the span element(s) or not, for example). And using an if statement (but not necessarily).

The aim for me is to give the admin the option to enter a heading which can contain two rows - when I use a textarea field he has to use <br /> - when I use CKEditor the heading will be wrapped in <p></p>. I guess one could use the sanitizer function and of course simple PHP, but I would have to place that in each template where a heading is used... So it would be great if I could strip the tags through the CKEditor somehow...