PageTable: automatic page name format when multiple templates allowed

Lars282

For a PageTable field, I have selected multiple templates that are allowed as items, and I entered an automatic page name format.

It seems that even though this can be entered, the automatic page name format only applies in the same circumstances as for when adding pages, i.e. when only one template is allowed as child.

1. I would suggest to add the following to the description for automatic page name format entry for PageTable fields:

"In order to work, a single (1) template must be selected for the "Select one or more templates for items" field on the Details tab."

2. How can I get around this restriction? It is for maintaining parts of a page, where the name really does not matter at all - and it is only confusing my users that they need to enter just anything to proceed.

I am assuming this will be "solved" for PageTable fields as soon as it is "solved" for adding pages in general - I looked into this before but go stuck: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/9979-name-format-for-children-for-multiple-allowed-templates-for-children/

Can someone help on where to hook to in order to also "catch" pages that allow multiple templates as children in order to jump the Add Page screen?

Thanks a lot!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...