Hi guys. Just a query - nothing relevant on Google.

I have about 400 blog posts which need tagging and categorising.

I already have a list of about 5 known words I need tagged and applied to each post via pageselect field.

IE cat, dog, fish

Is it possible to somehow scan my 400 posts body field for these cat, dog, fish words, and then auto-tag them?

Just a query at the moment.

should not be a problem...

somehow like this:

$tag = $pages->get("/tags/fish/");
$poststotag = $pages->find("body*=" . $tag->title);
foreach($poststotag as $post) {
  $post->of(false);
  $post->tags->add($tag); // tags is the name of your pagefield
  $post->save();
}

no working code and surely full of mistakes but i think the principle should work

maybe you have to check if the post is already tagged...

• Like 2

you could write a simple script using strpos on the body and then add tags conditionally;

you could do it all in 1 go with a script such as that (have done a lot of stuff like that when setting up new sites and importing)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By prestoav
      Hi everyone,
      PW version 3.0.123
      I've recently tried to upgrade the Blog module in an installation from 2.4.0 to 2.4.5 and now get the following errors when trying to visit Blog > Posts in admin:
      Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function count() on null in /MYSITE/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module:1299 Stack trace: #0 /MYSITE/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(1421): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->renderItemsSummaries(Object(ProcessWire\PageArray)) #1 /MYSITE/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module(1989): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->renderItemsList(Object(ProcessWire\PageArray)) #2 /MYSITE/wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire\ProcessBlog->___executePosts() #3 /MYSITE/wire/core/WireHooks.php(723): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___executePosts', Array) #4 /MYSITE/wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\ProcessBlog), 'executePosts', Array) #5 /MYSITE/wire/core/ProcessController.php(333): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('executePosts', Array) #6 /MYSITE/wire/core/Wire.php(380): ProcessWire (line 1299 of /MYSITE/site/modules/ProcessBlog/ProcessBlog.module) This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged. I can see posts in Blog > Dashboard and all seems to work still on the front end.

Anyone else seen this or know of a fix?
    • By Greg Lumley
      Hi! I'm busy building a blog into my first test/learning/free/clients/project 😁

I've had a look at all the blog examples and there seem to be different ways of doing it. (the point of Processwire, I know)

It seems this is generally how it's done:
      Master Blog Page
        - Blog Post Child Page
        - Blog Post Child Page
        - Blog Post Child Page What I'm particularly interested in is the Categories. What would you advise?
      Repeater Field?
      Tags?

I think I've even seen Categories set up as Children of a master Category page too. The pages were hidden containing no 

What would you recommend? 

Thank you! 
      Greg. 

Bare with me, I'm bashing my way through while I learn. 
    • By Robin S
      Displays image tags overlaid on the thumbnail using customisable colours. This makes it easier to see which images have which tags without needing to open the edit pane for individual images or changing to the list view.
      Screenshot

Usage
      Enable tags for one or more image fields. Install the Image Thumbnail Tags module. Optionally configure colours for any of your tags.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/ImageThumbnailTags
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/image-thumbnail-tags/
    • By Andi
      Continuing my journey into PW hooks, I'm trying to find a way to retrieve all images from a page that explicitly *do not* have a certain tag (or tags) attached to them.
      Found this post from 2015
      But I'm wondering if there's a more elegant way to go about this.
      Let's say I have a multi-image field called "images_header" and instead of
      $page->images_header->findTag('mytag'); I would like to do this:
      $page->images_header->excludeTag('mytag'); So I'd be able to do
      // find images that don't have the tag "mytag" $images = $page->images_header->excludeTag('mytag'); // check if there's any images if (count($images)>0) { // do something.. } Would this be possible by hooking into Pagefiles somehow?
      There's this bit in /wire/core/Pagefiles.php Line 626 that I'd basically just need to reverse (or at least in my mind 😄 )
      public function findTag($tag) { $items = $this->makeNew(); foreach($this as $pagefile) { if($pagefile->hasTag($tag)) $items->add($pagefile); } return $items; } Any ideas on how this could be done in a graceful manner?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I use ryans blog site profile to build my template around it. I use my mamp pro setup with php 7, mysql 5 and apache server. On my local setup the following code works fine:
      <?php foreach(page()->children as $category): ?> <a class='uk-link-reset' href='<?=$category->url?>'> <div class='uk-card uk-card-default uk-card-hover uk-card-body'> <h3 class='uk-card-title uk-margin-remove'><?=$category->title?></h3> <span class='uk-text-muted'><?=$category->numPosts(true)?></span> </div> </a> <?php endforeach; ?> It is the same code as ryan used it, only my css classes. On my live server with the same setup as mamp pro i got following error:

Does anyone have the same error in this context?
      Thank you very much for your help!