Gallery index pages

grumpy

An area of my site has pages of picture postcards, one card per page and with one child page each of the reverse side of the card.

These pages of postcard images are curently grouped into 10 geographical areas.

I want each area to have a gallery index of thumbnails (max height or width 250px) each linked to the main postcard page and each with a caption below displaying the same wording as the target page Headline.

It might also be good to have the gallery index subdivided into pages of maybe 20 or so thumbnails as some areas may have 100 or so target pages.

Take a look at:

http://www.the-limes.com/postcards/chalfont-st-peter/

This looks as though I've cracked it (apart from breaking it down into sub-pages) but if you read my forum post:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10116-unexpected-layout-of-images/#entry96465

starting from reply#5, you will see that I haven't.  I'm not up to coding this on my own - I'm very much a novice.

Would anyone like to make me an offer?  I'm testing the water here.  And I'm definitely out of my depth!

An area of my site has pages of picture postcards, one card per page and with one child page each of the reverse side of the card.

!

Just curious but why do you have a separate page for the reverse side?

What you could try is having a single page and enable tags on your image fields. You can then create a selector to call any image with the tag of 'reverse" etc. just started using image tags here recently and in some cases has reduced my pages and templates significantly.

Thank you for that, Peter.  On my site it is not quite that simple.  The child page shows the reverse side of the card but also has different text.  I will bear in mind what you have suggested though.

• Like 1