Hooking InputfieldFile::renderItem

Pete

Hi guys

I want to hook and replace the output of InputfieldFile's renderItem function as I want to change the output in a module but only for one template (narrowing down the template is the easy part). The idea is I don't want to have a whole new module just for changing the output on one template in the admin.

My problem is that I need the same 3 arguments the original funciton has and I'm just not sure how to go about it:

protected function ___renderItem($pagefile, $id, $n) {

Any ideas?

I got as far as this:

$this->addHookBefore("InputfieldFile::renderItem", $this, "renderFile");

and in my renderFile function I did this:

public function renderField(HookEvent $event) {
$inputfield = $event->object;
if($this->page->template != 'admin' || !$inputfield instanceof InputfieldFile || $this->input->urlSegment1 != 'attach') return; // 'attach' is the urlsegment I'm looking out for in my ProcessModule as it's that particular page on the module I want to alter the file field's markup for
}

But then I don't know how to get $id and $n from the original function... any ideas?

I certainly won't be forgetting it in a hurry :)

Just a quick one - is there any way/need to ever display the object equivalent of array_keys? Usually ends in recursion on objects in ProcessWire, but I can never remember when $page is $event->object or $event->arguments[0] etc etc. Is there an idiot's guide list to which one is available depending on where you're hooking?

I mean basically the stuff like the $page object that isn't necessarily as obvious as a parameter as to how to access that data.

If you look at the hooking method and you see the arguments it is always clearer. If theres a $page you need to use arguments. But in cases if you hook the class Page you get the page with $event->object.

• Like 1