Performs two-factor authentication by sending user an email with a code. Also works with email-to-SMS. Requires ProcessWire 3.0.109+.
Requires ProcessWire 3.0.109 or newer.
- Place the files for this module in /site/modules/TfaEmail/
- In the admin, go to Modules > Refresh.
- Go to Modules > Site > Tfa, and click install for this module.
- Edit your user profile in the ProcessWire admin.
- Scroll to the bottom and you should see a new field for “Two factor authentication”.
- Select the “Email/SMS” option and click Submit (note: it’ll ask for your password first).
- After submitting the change, go back to the field to provide additional info.
- It’ll ask you to confirm that everything is working by having you enter a code. Once you’ve completed that, you are done.
Once two-factor authentication is enabled, when you login, there will be a second step where it will ask you to enter a code.
This module sends emails, however most mobile network providers also provide a free email-to-text
service that can be very useful with this module. For instance, AT&T emails look like
firstname.lastname@example.org where the number portion represents the mobile phone number. You will want
to google “email to text provider” to find out what email address you should use (replacing “provider”
with your mobile service provider).