Create Unlimited Settings Pages!
Ever wanted to build some functionality for a site, but need some user editable settings, and don't want to add new fields, and don't want to build a module? Maybe you are building a service that pulls data from an external site and need to have a place to store some items like URL, or preferences settings.
Need a place to enter some data to be used for site schema (schema.org)?
Need an easy way to provide access to those settings panels right from the PW admin menu?
Need to be able to reuse the same settings panels on various sites without having to create fields?
Settings Factory is your answer.
- Create a page under Admin (at the top level or under Setup if you prefer), e.g. "Weather Widget".
- Save the page and then choose ProcessSettingsFactory process from the dropdown.
- Enter the path to your settings file – the path is relative to the templates folder, e.g. "settings/weather-widget.json" (no preceding slash)
- Make sure your settings panel works without errors in the admin, and populate the various fields, and save. The data is saved in the Settings Factory module config.
- Init the module on the front end by setting up a varible to access your settings.
$factory = $modules->get("SettingsFactory"); $siteSettings = $factory->getSettings('name-of-my-settings');
** note that the name of your settings matches the name of the process page, so if you named your process page "weather-widget", then your settings would be called like this:
$factory = $modules->get("SettingsFactory"); $wSettings = $factory->getSettings('weather-widget');
- Use it in your template as follows, where
text1refers to a key in your settings
<php echo $wSettings->text1; ?>
the settings are delivered as a WireArray, or can be delivered as a plain array getSettingsArray('name-of-process);
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
(See included LICENSE file for full license text.)