Podcast feed generator/publishing platform for the ProcessWire CMS
#Podcast Profile for ProcessWire
Podcast feed generation/publishing platform for the ProcessWire CMS
Manage your podcasting with ProcessWire! The Podcast Profile is a fully featured iTunes podcast publishing platform built using nothing more than ProcessWire's basic fields/templates/pages system. Automatically generates an XML feed for submission to iTunes. Fully implements the iTunes podcasting specification (https://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html) and supports managing an unlimited number of podcasts and episodes from the same installation. Accommodates both on-site and off-site file hosting.
- Upload a fresh copy of ProcessWire to your server.
- Extract the PodcastProfile-master folder from the zip file to the root directory of the new installation.
- Rename the folder to site-PodcastProfile <- IMPORTANT!
- Install ProcessWire as usual. When asked to select a site profile, choose "Podcast Profile".
- Once installed, you can add a new Podcast via the "Add New" menu in the upper right portion of the admin panel.
- Fill out the podcast details and then begin adding episodes under the podcast page, or via the "Add New" menu.
- The XML file for each podcast is generated at http://www.yoursite.com/podcast-name/ (The url of the podcast page)
- Use this URL to submit the podcast to iTunes at https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/publishPodcast
Copyright 2014 by Michael Spooner