Assign edit access to users on a per-page basis.
The user must already have page-edit permission on one of their roles in order to get edit access to assigned pages. Otherwise, they will only gain view access.
This module is fully functional as-is, but intended as a proof-of-concept for those wanting to go further with adding custom edit and/or view access.
- Copy the PageEditPerUser.module file to /site/modules/
- Go to Modules in the ProcessWire admin and click "Check for new modules"
- Click "install" for "Page Edit Per User"
- Create a new role called "editor" (or whatever you want to call it) and give the role "page-edit" permission. If you already have a role in place that you want to use, that is fine too.
- Under "Access > Users" locate the user you want to assign edit access to. Edit this user.
- For this user's "Roles" field: choose the new role you added, "editor".
- For this user's "Editable Pages" field: select one or more pages you want them to be able to edit.
- Save the user and you are done.
- To test, login as the user you edited to confirm it works how you expect.