Assign edit access to roles on a per-page basis.
The user must already have page-edit permission on one of their roles in order to get edit access to assigned pages. Otherwise, they will only gain view access.
This module is fully functional as-is, but intended as a proof-of-concept for those wanting to go further with adding custom edit and/or view access.
NOTE: Original idea is from PageEditPerRole module by Ryan Cramer, http://processwire.com
- Copy the PageEditPerRole.module file to /site/modules/
- Go to Modules in the ProcessWire admin and click "Check for new modules"
- Click "install" for "Page Edit Per Role"
- Create a new role called "editor" (or whatever you want to call it) and give the role "page-edit" permission. If you already have a role in place that you want to use, that is fine too.
- Under "Access > Roles" locate the role you want to assign edit access to. Edit this role.
- For this roles's "Editable Pages" field: select one or more pages you want users with this role to be able to edit.
- Save the role.
- Under "Access > Users" locate the user you want to apply the role to. Edit this user.
- For this user's "Roles" field, select the new role you added - "editor".
- Save the user and your are done.
- To test, login as the user you edited to confirm it works how you expect.