Send photos from your mobile phone to ProcessWire, from anywhere, on-the-fly. ProcessWire maintains a chronological gallery that you can simply email photos to.
Send photos from your mobile phone to ProcessWire, from anywhere, on-the-fly. ProcessWire maintains a chronological gallery that you can simply email photos to. Works with any e-mail capable device, whether mobile phone, tablet or desktop.
- Output inspired by the work of Philipp Reiner.
- Discussion leading to this module can be found here.
- Written by Horst Nogajski and Ryan Cramer
- Uses email libraries by Manuel Lemos
- License under GNU GPL v2
- Requires ProcessWire 2.2.13 or newer
- Here is example output from this module.
- Setup a new email address at your provider. This address should be dedicated to the purpose of this module. Make the address private and cryptic enough so as not to be obvious or discoverable by others.
- Place the files included with this module in /site/modules/EmailImage/
- In your admin, go to Modules > Check for new modules.
- Click Install for the EmailImage module.
- Complete all the settings it asks for, per the email you setup in step 1.
- Check the box to test your connection, and save.
- Email an image to the address you configured.
- After waiting a minute or two, view the URL /email-images/ in your site. This is a page that was installed for you to display images.
- Repeat and enjoy. :)
While this module has everything working out-of-the-box, it is meant to be customized to your needs. For example:
- You may want to move or rename the /email-images/ page somewhere else. The EmailImage module keeps track of this page ID, so it is perfectly fine to remove or rename it if you want to.
- Take a look at the /site/templates/email-images.php template file. You may wish to replace it entirely with your own code, or you might build upon what's there, or use it as-is. But chances are you'll at least want to swap in your own header/footer to fit within your site's design.
- Take a look at /site/modules/EmailImage/EmailImageRender.php. That file contains an example function used to render an image gallery. This is the one called upon by the template file you just looked at. You might copy and paste this function somewhere else into your own site, and modify it to suite your own markup needs. Just remember to name it something different!
Please post links to what you create in the ProcessWire forums.
You can uninstall this module in the same way as any other module, by checking the box to "uninstall" from the module settings screen. But please note the following warning:
When you uninstall, your system is returned to the state that it was in before this module was installed. Meaning, the EmailImage pages and images will be deleted. So please backup your images somewhere else if you want to lose them during uninstall.
After uninstalling, you can safely remove this dir: /site/modules/EmailImage/.