Can't Edit Default Pages?
Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:00 AM
I've set up a new site, and set up new templates and pages in exactly the same way as I have done before. But whenever I try to edit a default page (like the 404 page, the site map or whatever) in the admin section I get a 500 error. Turning on the debug mode gives the following error:
Fatal error: Class 'Pagefiles' not found in /home/ [...] /wire/core/Pageimages.php on line 20
Obviously I've taken some of the path out, but you get the idea. I can edit my own new pages fine, but whenever I try to edit the others this comes up. The Pagefile file is in the right place, and the error is on a line which defines a new class which extends the Pagefiles class.
Any ideas what I can try?
Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:53 PM
Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:02 PM
Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:40 AM
I'm using the Moderna admin template if that makes any difference...
Update: I managed to remove the images field by scrubbing that row in the database table, and created my own field called "Pictures" with the basic unlimited image settings (to replicate the default images field). Assigning that new field to the template has the same effect - that error when I edit the page or try to remove it from the template. It's clearly an issue with the image uploader, but I've got absolutely no idea how to fix that...
Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:28 AM
Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:23 AM
Resetting the theme broke something, so I re-uploaded the original templates-admin folder and that sorted that little issue. But the images problem remained.
While I had the download handy I uploaded the entire core directory again, and that seems to have fixed the main 500 error problems. I've also re-enabled the other admin template and that hasn't broken anything, so I guess something was messed up in the core directory.
Weirdly I downloaded the "broken" core folder and compared them; the only difference seems to be that Notepad++ recognises the newly installed one as UNIX, and the other non-working version as Windows/Dos. Whether that's a result of FTP activity I don't know, but my host is Linux based so it seems odd to be picked up as a Windows file.
Oh well. It's working. Thanks for all of your suggestions
Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:50 AM
It does sound like something odd happened there but good to hear re-uploading it fixed things.
Just a note on the admin folder - where Ryan said to rename the one in the site folder this would default to the admin theme in the wire folder then to rule out a custom theme issue.
Basically keeping any custom modules or themes in the site directory means that you can simply overwrite the wire directory with a new version to upgrade without overwriting any custom modules or themes in the site directory - simple upgrade path
Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:08 PM
As for the admin theme, I must confess I've just realised I hadn't read the instructions properly. I'd uploaded it into the wire folder, not the site folder. No wonder it broke when I renamed it...
It's all straight and in the right place now!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users