|Sears Merchandise Building Tower||Chicago||250 ft.||15||1906|
The Sears Merchandise Building Tower is a small part of a building that was used by Sears as a retail headquarters and distribution center for what was the largest catalog retailer in the United States. Officially opened in 1906 it was the 40-acre home of Sears, Roebuck & Co., Chicago. The 3.3 million ft² office building attached to the tower was later demolished. It was the headquarters and main operations for all parts of the Sears Roebuck Company for almost seven decades.
The selector used to find the pages shown above is:
template=skyscraper, limit=10, architects=/architects/george-c-nimmons/, sort=images