Pre-installation checks and tasks
ProcessWire is a PHP based application that requires a MySQL database. It runs most reliably on an Apache based server.
The following are must have requirements:
- PHP version 5.3.8 or newer.
- MySQL 5.0.15 or newer.
- Apache must have mod_rewrite enabled.
- Apache must support .htaccess files.
All of these are common on professional hosts, especially those more properly geared towards business websites, whether that is a shared solution, a VPS, cloud, or a dedicated service.
Creating a database
An empty database needs to be created before the installation script can be run. The user account should have full read, write and delete permissions on the database; recommended permissions are select, insert, update, delete, create, alter, index, drop, create temporary tables and lock tables.
We strongly recommend creating a unique user for the database and the use of a secure password. Systems like CPanel include a password generator as part of the database wizard.
Next: Basic Installation »
- Installation, Moving and Troubleshooting
- Pre-installation checks and tasks
- Basic Installation
- Installing with a third party Profile
- Moving a Site
- Troubleshooting installations
- Host Specific Installation