Create a Template and a Page
Step 2 – Add a template to ProcessWire
- Login to ProcessWire admin and go to Setup > Templates. This page shows a list of templates currently in the system.
- Click the Add New Template button. On the next screen that appears, you'll see it found your "planet" template file.
- Check the box next to the planet template and click Add Template. You may ignore any other options that appear on this screen.
Step 3 – Creating a page using your template
Your planet template is now in the system and ready to use, but it's not being used by any pages. So lets create a page that uses the planet template.
- In the ProcessWire admin, click Pages in the top navigation. This is a site map of your page structure. We want to create a new page under the homepage, so click the new link that appears to the right of the home page.
- The next screen has 3 inputs: title, name and template. Enter "Earth" for the title, and the name should populate automatically. For the template, select planet. Then click Save.
- Now you have created a new page using the template that you added. You are now in the page edit screen and you should see your title field populated with "Earth". Click the View link that appears on this page edit screen. You should see the output of the HTML from step 1. Click the back button in your browser to return to the edit screen.
Next: Setting up Custom Fields »
- Introduction and First Steps
- Create a Template and a Page
- Setting up Custom Fields
- The Template File
- More Pages
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.