About Form Builder
Whether you need a large registration form or just a simple contact form, ProcessWire Form Builder helps you get the job done quickly and easily. Building forms used to be time consuming and frustrating, but Form Builder makes it a simple pleasure. It will literally save you hours, and potentially days, of time.
EASY. Building front-end forms on your website has never been so simple. ProcessWire Form Builder lets you create, edit and publish forms with no development necessary. The goal was to create a system where you could discover a need for a form and have it running, and ready to take input, in as little as 5 minutes.
POWERFUL. When it comes to long forms or complex needs, ProcessWire Form Builder has you covered. Advanced input capabilities like asmSelect, file and image fields, date pickers and variable width fields and fieldsets are easily accessible in Form Builder. Form Builder can also export spreadsheets of your form results, cross-post to 3rd party services, and embed forms in multiple ways.
RISK FREE. If you purchase Form Builder and don't love it, get a full refund. See the Form Builder satisfaction guarantee and return policy.
- Create unlimited forms with any number of fields.
- Create and publish forms with no programming necessary.
- Saves entries to a database, email, ProcessWire page, 3rd party service, auto-responder, or any combination of these.
- Insert a form on any page in your site just by typing its name in the text.
- Access control for submitting forms, editing forms and viewing entries.
- Control over markup and output with frameworks including ProcessWire Basic, ProcessWire Admin, Bootstrap, Foundation, Uikit, plus the ability to add your own framework.
From the get-go, Form Builder supports sixteen different input types. Here are a few examples:
- AsmSelect (multiple selection)
- Checkboxes (single and multiple)
- Date and date+time with optional date/time picker
- Email and URL
- Fieldsets and nested fieldsets
- Files (including images)
- Float and integer
- Selectable pages / page references
- Radio buttons
- Select and select multiple
- Text and textarea (naturally)
In addition, you can add any number of additional input types by installing more input field plugins in your ProcessWire installation.
- Drag-and-drop sortable fields
- Ability to duplicate existing fields when creating new fields
- All fields support both labels and extended descriptions
- Column width, enabling you to stack fields horizontally
- Required and optional fields
- Placeholders for text and date fields
- Nestable fieldsets
- Collapsible fields and fieldsets
- Customizable settings per input type
- Live preview built right into the Form Builder editor
- Field dependencies let you control field visibility based on what other fields are populated
Form Submission Features
- Saves entries to a database where they can be browsed and edited
- Browse entries by date range
- Export entries to a CSV spreadsheet file
- Create ProcessWire pages from submitted entries
- Email form submissions to one or more people
- Send an auto-responder
- Conditionally email form submission to different people based on field values
- Cross-post form submissions to 3rd party services (like Salesforce)
- Add additional fields, remove or rename fields on-the-fly as they are submitted to a 3rd party service
- Submit to your own handler (like if you want to use Form Builder to create advanced search forms in your site)
- Display a success message, redirect to another URL or pull text from another page to display after form submission
Spam Filtering Features
- Akismet support for service-based spam filtering
- Support for a user-defined honeypot field to keep out automated spam submissions
- Support for a user-defined turing test, where a user must answer a question correctly before the submission will be accepted
- CSRF and session key support ensures form submission are only accepted from the person the form was delivered to
Form Embedding Methods
- Method A: Easy embed method that lets you copy and paste a tag to embed your form right from the page editor (no development required!)
- Method B: Template embed method that lets you render the form by copying and pasting a single line of PHP into your template file.
- Method C: Custom embed method renders the form among your other site markup for more control over style and placement.
- Method D: Like embed method C but also gives you full control over all of the form markup.
- Export an entire form definition and import it somewhere else with a simple copy+paste. For example, you could create a form locally, then copy and paste the definition to your live website and have it up-and-running in under a minute.
- Export form entry results to a CSV file that can be read by your spreadsheet for more detailed analysis, or imported into any number of other tools (including ProcessWire's ImportPagesCSV module).
- Form submissions can also be exported to external services at the time they are submitted.
Theme and Framework Features
- Built-in output framework support for ProcessWire Basic, ProcessWire Admin, Bootstrap, Foundation and Uikit.
- Add your own framework, or output using your own custom markup!
- Comprehensive structured markup that can be adjusted to fit nearly any style.
- By default, forms are responsive and adapt to screen or container width.
- Browse entries newest-to-oldest or oldest-to-newest
- Send entries to ProcessWire pages
- Browse and optionally export entries by date range
- Full control over what fields appear in the entry list view
- Make edits to existing entries
- Pagination of entries to ensure scalability
Purchasing Form Builder
- Use of Form Builder on your website for as long as you want (including related development/staging site, if applicable)
- 1-year of free upgrades
- 1-year of VIP support
- 1-year of membership to the ProcessWire Form Builder forum with VIP access
- Instant electronic delivery of the Form Builder application and key (start using it right away)
- You can optionally renew support and upgrades for additional years at a minimal fee
- The latest Form Builder version requires ProcessWire 2.7.0 or newer.
- Like all the Pro modules, Form Builder also works beautifully with ProcessWire 3.x.
- We also maintain Form Builder versions for older version of ProcessWire. All versions are available to the purchaser.
- Single: may be used on 1 website. $39
- Professional: may be used on 3 different websites. $99
- Developer: may be used on as many new sites as you [an individual developer] create over the period of 1 year. $149
- Agency/firm: may be used on as many websites as your agency/firm creates for a period of 1 year. $249
- You may pay by VISA, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal through the ProcessWire store.
- Your transaction will be processed instantly and you'll receive a software download link and key. Your forum access will also be upgraded automatically.
Satisfaction Guarantee and Return Policy
We want to make sure that you are happy with Form Builder. If you purchase a copy of Form Builder and find it doesn't meet your needs and you won't be able to use it, you may get a full refund within 7 days of your purchase.
About the Form Builder Project and Author
This Form Builder is developed by Ryan Cramer, lead developer of ProcessWire CMF/CMS. Form Builder was created to support the ProcessWire project as a whole, and I wanted to make sure that it was something really special. By purchasing and using the Form Builder, you are supporting development of not just Form Builder, but ProcessWire as well. Thank you for your interest in and support of ProcessWire. Should you have any questions about Form Builder, please visit the ProcessWire forum or send me a message from the ProcessWire contact form (powered by Form Builder of course!).
Form Builder Forms at processwire.com
ProcessWire Sites Directory Submission Form
This form uses embed method A and the ProcessWire Admin (Reno style) output framework.
ProcessWire Contact Form
This form uses embed method A and the ProcessWire Basic output framework.
You can add or access forms from anywhere in the ProcessWire admin.
Editing the ProcessWire sites directory form. From this screen we can drag and drop fields to our desired order.
This tab demonstrates actions can be taken with each form submission, at the time it is submitted.
The Output tab is where you can define what theme your form uses and what is shown after form submission.
The entries screen allow us to review, manipulate, filter, publish [to page] or export form submissions.
Options for the Publish to Page action.
Editing an individual field in the form.
Example of editing a rather large form.
Choosing how you'd like to embed the form in your site.
Previewing the form from within Form Builder.