For Immediate Release – May 22, 2012
The ProcessWire team is thrilled to announce the latest release of ProcessWire, version 2.2. This is the third major open source release of ProcessWire CMF/CMS and includes a broad range of great additions and improvements.
Multi Language Support
Full multi-language support with admin language packs, built-in translation interface, support for code internationalization and multi-language fields. Admin language packs are available for Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, and more are on the way. You can also create your own language packs right in the ProcessWire admin. Special thanks to Avoine in supporting the development of multi-language support in ProcessWire. Thanks also goes to all that have put in their time in creating language packs. More about multi-language support.
Repeatable (Matrix) Fields
ProcessWire 2.2 includes a new field type called Repeater. This enables you to take a group of fields and make them repeatable in any amount, on any given page. More about repeater fields.
Multi-Domain / Multi-Site Support
ProcessWire 2.2 now includes the ability to run multiple web sites (domains or subdomains) from the same ProcessWire installation and hosting account. It supports the ability to run multiple sites from the same ProcessWire installation using different databases, or from the same database. More about multi-site support.
Major Page Editor Improvements
Fields on a page can now be edited in columns rather than just rows. You define the width with each field's settings. If placed next to other reduced-width fields, you'll get floated columns of fields. In addition, ProcessWire now supports field-template context: the ability to modify the settings of a field according to what template it is used with. Video of these improvements.
Vastly Improved Date/Time Fields
Major improvements have been made to the date/time field, including more input formats, an improved date picker, a time picker, and more. Date/time fields can now be localized by language as well.
Other Additions and Improvements
- New module dependencies support.
- New module auto install and uninstall support, to correspond with dependencies.
- New 'page-create' permission to Setup > Templates > Template > Access.
- Updated TinyMCE version and added new configuration options.
- Added new Page Clone module to core (may be installed from Admin > Modules).
- Added ability to create new pages automatically from a Page reference input field. See video.
- New Indentation of fieldsets in the template editor for better readability.
- Improvements to error log output.
- Addition of several new hooks, especially in the $pages API variable and files Inputfield.
- Added new 'Site' link in default admin theme.
- Continued improvements to the admin UI for faster and easier site building.
- Numerous new plugin modules and admin themes for version 2.2 from our devoted community.
ProcessWire is a friendly and powerful open source CMS and CMF with an exceptionally strong foundation. With all custom fields, an easy-to-use jQuery-inspired API, and a powerful page selector engine, ProcessWire will rise to any task.
Clients love ProcessWire for its no-fuss simplicity and ease of use when editing their site. Designers and developers love ProcessWire for its thoughtful, easy and powerful API-driven approach that keeps them in control of the markup and makes development fun again. Not to mention, ProcessWire's API can also be booted from other applications or command-line scripts, bringing entire new levels of accessibility to your content.
ProcessWire is a modern SEO specialist's dream come true. It uses logical, readable and search-friendly URLs that always reflect the content's home in the tree. Meaning you'll never have to worry about multiple URLs or play duplicate content games. With full markup control, all custom fields, and support for runtime URL segments, ProcessWire lets you take full advantage of all the on-site SEO possibilities without wasting your time on long irrelevant tags and tricks.
ProcessWire is designed for the needs of today and not limited by the past. It is equally at home powering small-to-large scale standards-friendly websites, mobile websites, JSON/XML web services, Flash applications, AJAX-driven content, iPhone/Android applications, and more. This output agnosticism drives ProcessWire's simplicity and makes it support, rather than interfere with your work.
ProcessWire is a mature product that comes from a strong bloodline of content management systems developed over nearly a decade. ProcessWire is now in its third major version (2.2) and runs beautifully on web servers running PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.
- Learn more about ProcessWire CMF/CMS and download »
- Try out a demo of ProcessWire »
- Take a look at a few sites running ProcessWire »
- Watch ProcessWire at work in these videos »
No comments yet. Be the first to post!
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.